Thursday, August 27, 2009

The problem of 'media tank' is finally solved


In addition to my previous post. Recently a whole bunch of new media players came out, but I was reluctant to try any of them after my fiasco with HDX 1000 NMT. I decided to buy the new Mac Mini instead (needed a backup computer anyway as my 'Big Mac' getting older). Connected it to the receiver thru optical, to the TV thru VGA cable, plugged in an external hard disk 'toaster', installed the VLC player for HD video and the Cog for HD audio. Voila! Now it does flawlessly everything the media tank failed to do. The only thing I'm missing is a full featured remote, the Mac has a very basic one. Some day I'll get a wireless keyboard & mouse and will be all set.


One can say it is not a fair comparison, considering 3x price difference, but this cute little box is not just a player, but a full featured computer that can do many other things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment